Announced earlier this year alongside the Reagle Smart Deadbolt, the Reagle Gateway, which adds remote capabilities for users without a HomeKit hub, is now available on Amazon. The gateway, which retails for $59.00, bridges the gap between Bluetooth and Wi-FI, and it also fills in one of the missing features that HomeKit owners currently do not have access to even with a HomeKit hub. As detailed on Reagle’s website, the Gateway gives HomeKit users the ability to add, delete, or modify user specific codes remotely, a potentially handy feature.
Here’s the breakdown of all the features included with the Gateway:
- Remotely lock/unlock your smart lock from anywhere with your smartphone
- Remotely change the lock’s configuration and enable/disable special functions such as auto-locking or lockdown
- Remotely add or remove customizable access Codes for your guests without having to be near your lock for syncing
- Remotely check the status of your smart lock and its batteries in real-time
- Receive notifications when guests or family members enter and leave your home
- View detailed access logs of all lock activities and stay in control 24/7
Reagle has also provided a helpful chart that gives a clear picture of what exactly is and isn’t available with the Smart Deadbolt alone, and what the Gateway adds. So while the Gateway isn’t crucial for HomeKit owners, the code feature is nice to have for those times where you just need to give someone a code while you are out and about. We gave the Reagle Smart Deadbolt a spin a few months ago, and found it to be a solid device that it offers great looks, and high reliability for its price, earning our recommendation for those looking for a smart lock. Amazon is also offering a $20 off coupon for the Smart Deadbolt, bringing the already competitive price down even lower to just $169.
Comments & Questions?
What do you think of Reagle’s Smart Deadbolt and Gateway? Is the remote code management enough for you to pick up the Gateway? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, @HomeKit_Hero.