Is the new version of the nest thermostat released? How costly is it? All of these and other similar questions will be answered in this in-depth 4th Generation Nest Thermostat Review.
We will take you through the specializations, pros, cons features, and more to give complete information about the nest 4th gen thermostat. So without any further delay, read the complete article to know more.
With modern technology, Thermostats are also evolving. Nest is One of the best-known smart thermostat makers. Nest has just released a new thermostat with a new look and some big changes. Let’s discuss all that this new version is like.
What is a Thermostat?
The Nest 4th generation thermostat is a well-linked thermostat that is simple to set up and operate with your phone. A smart thermostat created by Nest Labs and created by Tony Fadell, Ben Filson, and Fred Bould is termed the Nest Thermostat.
The Nest thermostat’s main advantage is that it allows for control from any location in the house or across the world using your smartphone and the Google Home app. You can also ask Google to change the temperature for you just by speaking to it.
Particularly for travelers who want to keep an eye on their whereabouts, this function makes it fantastic. The Nest thermostat could detect humidity levels and displays the current temperature on its display.
Cost of Nest Thermostat
The cheapest thermostat offered by Nest is the Nest 4th gen thermostat. The Nest Thermostat is more cost-effective if you’re seeking a smart thermostat at a reasonable price.
The thermostat, which is made of 49 percent recycled plastic, utilizes geolocation and Soli technology to switch to the green mode when no one is home. You can get a chic, user-friendly thermostat that can cut your energy costs for $129.99.
Specifications of Nest 4th generation thermostat :
- Mirrored 3.3-inch LCD.
- Weight: 4.9 oz.
- The surface is plastic. Four-color housing: sand, snow, fog, and charcoal.
- 85 percent of 24V HVAC systems are compatible.
- Alkaline, 2 AAA batteries.
- 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz, 5GHz WiFi, and Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Voice controls over Google Voice and Amazon Alexa.
Here are some of the special features of the thermostat :
- Scheduling with Savings Finder.
- When it determines no one is home, it can enter energy-saving mode using built-in sensors and phone locations.
- Slim, sleek, and more modern in appearance.
- The mirror display gives it a completely new radiance and shows the temperature and humidity levels.
- the touch-sensitive strip that aids in navigating the interface has taken the role of the conventional rotating dial.
- This model lets you regulate the temperature by simply swiping up and down and tapping on the touch strip, eliminating the need to fiddle with a dial.
Nest Thermostat Pros:
Just like any other device, a nest thermostat also has both pros and cons. First, let’s look at the pros then followed by the cons. Below is the list of pros:
- Economical and with a year’s warranty.
- It is made to be self-installable, typically taking 30 minutes or less.
- looking sleeker and more contemporary.
- In most households, it functions without a C wire.
- It powers on the heater instant.
- Turn the active ring around the gadget to change the settings.
- Special swipe controls.
- According to Google, the new Nest thermostat can reduce energy costs by up to 12% for heating and 15% for cooling.
- Monitor energy consumption; cool display; lights up when motion is detected; especially cool at night as you’re passing by.
- Changes the temperature when you’re away to save money.
Nest Thermostat Cons:
It’s time to examine its drawbacks:
- The Nest mobile app is not integrated. However, Google Home can be used to remotely operate your gadget.
- 85% of HVAC systems are compatible with the Nest Thermostat, compared to 95% for the Nest Learning Thermostat.
- There is no learning functionality.
- There is no turn dial like in earlier editions. Instead, a touch strip to the right of the thermostat lets you make adjustments.
Does Nest Thermostat save energy?
Nest thermostat can pay for itself in under two years. Google claims that the new Nest thermostat can save up to 12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills or around $131 to $145 per year. In just a few years, it pays for itself in energy savings. Nest’s helpful energy calculator estimates how much you can save per year based on your location, square footage, and a few details about your HVAC.
Wrapping up, the 4th generation nest thermostat is quite basic yet very practical. Even while it might not be the best thermostat, the Google app makes programming it dead simple, thus it deserves to have its spot.
Now, since you know almost everything about the nest thermostat, do give it a try once.
We hope that our nest thermostat 4 generation review helped if and it would be great if you visit our site often for more information. Moreover, if you own a Whitre Rogers Thermostat and are looking to reset it, we have a tutorial written for the same that you can read here.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Is there a 4th generation Nest Thermostat?
Yes, Nest manufacturers have just released a 4th generation Nest Thermostat. The new Nest Thermostat costs less, at just $129.99, and is a simplified model than the Nest Learning Thermostat or Nest Thermostat E.
Q2. When did Nest 4th generation come out?
The fourth version of the new, straightforward Nest thermostat was released in 2020. The mirrored display makes it look slimmer and more contemporary, giving it a completely new radiance.
Q3. What is the newest version of the Nest Thermostat?
The most recent version of the Nest thermostat, which features a straightforward yet stylish glass design, was released in 2020. It costs only $130, which is significantly less than the Nest Learning Thermostat.
Q4. Is Nest coming out with a new thermostat?
Yes. The “nest thermostat 4th generation” is a brand-new thermostat developed by Nest. The new Nest Thermostat costs less, at just $129.99, and is a simpler model than the Nest Learning Thermostat or Nest Thermostat E.
Q5. Are Nest Thermostats being discontinued?
It was revealed on May 7th, 2019 that Works with Nest would end on August 31st, 2019. Users are being advised to switch to Google accounts and Google Assistant integration rather; failing to do so would make Works with Nest unavailable.