When it comes to your house security, there can be no compromise! Whether it is going on long vacations or going out shopping, home security is a must in today’s time. It is not possible to monitor every time who comes to your doorstep.
Since most people live in apartments nowadays, it is difficult to keep track of who passes through your door often! So, here is a solution for you! Get apartment doorbells for renters to make your home security better and also, follow who drops a parcel for you right at your doorstep!
Before knowing which apartment doorbells for renters are the best suited for you, here is something more that you need to know about them. Read on to have it in your knowledge!
Things to Know Before Installing a Video Doorbell in your Apartment
Installing apartment doorbells for renters is not the only thing that you would be needing. There are some things, which you need to know about digital doorbells before installing them in your home security system.
- Not all digital doorbells need hardwiring – Wired doorbells are the ones, which get connected to your existing power supply line. You do not have to get new wiring for digital doorbells, in case you already have an existing one. If wiring is the main problem for you, then get the digital doorbells, which come with batteries. The batteries need charging or needs to be changed from time to time, in order for them to function properly.
- You may have to pay for using certain features – There are certain features, which come with the digital doorbells that you have to pay for, and some of them are free. Features like storage, intelligent detection, or recording the video for later streaming may need a different subscription. If you do not want such an extra amount to be paid, simply go for the apartment doorbells for renters, which do not require any such fees.
- Do not just focus on video resolution – If you are looking for your video to be streamed, then look for the apartment doorbells for renters, which have 1080p HD video resolution. If your motive is not streaming, then do not just look for the resolution, but also look for its video proportion and the wide-angle that it will cover.
- You can connect your digital doorbell with a smart home– There are many available digital apartment doorbells for renters, which can be connected to your smart home. If you have Alexa, Google Assistance, or Apple HomeKit security system, then you can easily connect your doorbell with it and have the features controlled by it from anywhere and anytime. You can even connect it to your TV for streaming purposes.
These are the basic things that you must be knowing when you are going to purchase digital doorbells with advanced technology and features for the security of your home. Apart from the above-mentioned points, make a note to go through the reviews and ratings of the people who have already purchased your chosen product. Reviews and ratings can tell you a lot of things, which may be no site can let you know!
Ring Doorbell Buyer’s Guide for Renters
When you live in an apartment, your home security is the foremost priority because of the obvious reason: there are outside people who enter and exit the premises. You cannot afford to compromise on your security while you are away from your home.
It is also not possible for you to keep your eyes glued to your door whenever someone rings the bell or drops off a package.
For monitoring these, you need to have the best doorbells for an apartment with modern technology.
Here is a comprehensive list for you, recommended by us, which mentions the top best 3 apartment doorbells for renters.
Go through the list to have a detailed look at each one of them for your better purchase judgment!
1. Ring Peephole Camera
This product is exactly what you can think about it when you first hear the name! It is a type of blessing for the renters who have this installed in their homes because for the Ring Peephole Camera to be installed, all you need is a peephole! Yes, you heard us right! Just a peephole, without any screws, holes, or drilling!
It is one of the best security cameras for apartments and renters because it is accessible and suitable for your kids to check who is outside if anytime they are left alone in the house. Like all modern-day apartment doorbells for renters, this one also comes with a two-way audio system, which means you can talk as well as see the visitor who is right outside your apartment. Upon knocking on your door, the Ring Camera automatically gets notified and starts recording.
- It has a resolution of 1080p with custom motion zones and a knock sensor.
- It has a 155-degree field vision, which means even if the person is standing at the corner, he/she can be seen.
- Whenever someone knocks or rings your doorbell, you will get notified on your phone and the live streaming will start.
- If you plan on changing apartments, you can easily carry it with you. You will just be needing a peephole for installing it at your new place!
- The front view of the camera is not good, since someone who will be crawling or kneeling cannot be captured in the doorbell camera.
2. Ring 3 Plus
If you are looking for the best doorbells for apartments, then you obviously cannot miss Ring 3 Plus, as the best digital doorbell! If your apartment is located in a dimly lit area or if your surrounding street does not have proper lighting, then this doorbell is going to be the best choice for you.
Apart from having a 1080p resolution of a video camera, it has the facility of two-way audio as well. The special thing about this feature in this product is that it allows you to speak to the person who is outside from your PC, tablet, or phone, wherever your doorbell is connected with. You immediately get a notification if someone is trying to press your doorbell or triggers your built-in motion sensors.
The Ring Protect Plan of the Ring 3 Plus allows you to record all your videos to watch it later up to 60 days and also, share the photos and the videos captured by the digital doorbell. However, this feature requires you to pay a subscription fee.
- It has a pre-roll, which means you get to see a little black and white video before someone tries to ring your doorbell. This makes you alert.
- It can be used as both wired and non-wired. In the case of non-wiring, it comes with a rechargeable battery.
- It has improved motion detection, audio and privacy zones, and dual-band WiFi connectivity.
- It is easy to install and set up this digital doorbell.
- Sometimes, even if the WiFi network is working properly, the doorbell gets disconnected, which may create problems for security purposes.
- It notifies about cars passing down the street through mobile notifications, which may be irritating at times.
3. Remobell S
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly ring doorbell for apartments, the Remobell S is one that is highly recommended. Its design is pretty simple and straightforward. You have a circular camera at the top and a silver button surrounded by LEDs, plus a microphone and speaker for two-way audio, which delivers clean audio without distortions.
Equipped with a camera that has a resolution of 1536 x 1536 pixels and a 180-degree view, the Remobell S has one of the best apartment door cameras. It offers great video quality in the daytime, and at night, it uses infrared LEDs to provide great picture quality as well. It is equipped with motion detection, and you can customize the sensitivity. Whenever it detects motion or the doorbell being pressed, you get notified on your device and you get a recorded video as well, which is stored in the cloud.
Storage in the cloud is free for the first three days. However, if you want more days, you’ll have to purchase a plan.
- The video quality is pretty good with sharp images in both the colored daytime visuals and the nighttime black and white visuals.
- It has a motion detection system that is very sensitive and works pretty well with push notifications that are delivered quickly to your device.
- This doorbell is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. You can view live video on compatible devices like Fire TV and use IFTTT-enabled devices such as light bulbs, etc.
- You can share video viewing with up to four people if you want to. These people will also be able to see who is at your front door.
- The videos recorded by this doorbell can only be viewed in fisheye mode, although the live view is in a square format.
- The installation process is complicated if you don’t have much electrical knowledge, and you might need to hire a professional.
- You only get three days of free cloud storage. If you want more, you’ll need to buy a subscription plan.
4. Wyze Video Doorbell Pro
The Wyze Video Doorbell Pro, a step up from the Wyze Video Doorbell, is a wireless video doorbell that makes a great apartment door camera and is relatively cheap to get. It is easy to install. To make use of it, you can choose to connect it to your house electricity (hardwire it) or use it with just the battery power, which should last as long as 3-6 months. The only problem with using it in battery only mode is that you would have to unmount it to recharge the battery.
The video quality of the camera is quite good in the day and at night, with the doorbell having a resolution of 1440×1440 pixels plus a horizontal and vertical view of 150 degrees. The videos recorded (about 12 seconds of footage), however, get saved directly to the cloud as there is no local storage. To get unlimited recording time as well as other features of this doorbell, you will need to pay for a Cam Plus subscription offered by Wyze.
- It is very easy to install and does not take much time to do so. You just need to secure the mounting plate on your door, place the video doorbell on it, and fasten it with a screw.
- It has two usage options.You can either use it with battery power or with constant electricity from your home.
- It comes with its own wireless chime, and you don’t have to make an extra purchase for it.
- There is no way to store the videos it records locally, so all the videos are saved in the cloud.
- To make use of all the features that come with the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro, you need a subscription.
5. Blink Video Doorbell
The Blink Video Doorbell is an apartment door camera that doubles as a doorbell. It is very affordable, easy to set up, and although it does not come with a wireless chime that notifies you when someone presses the doorbell, you get notified on your phone really fast. You can, however, link it to your chime at home if you have one, or you can as well purchase one.
When you set it up, you can choose to run it on battery power or connect it to your electrical grid. The battery is estimated to last up to two years, so it’s nothing to worry about. With this doorbell, you get a video resolution of 1080 pixels and a field of view of 135 degrees horizontal and 80 degrees vertical. It also offers two-way audio and a live feed, so you get to see what’s happening at all times. Videos recorded can also be saved locally with the use of a USB stick.
- The setup and installation process of the Blink Video Doorbell is easy and straightforward.
- The battery life is impressive and beats some of the best ring doorbells for apartments out there as it is estimated to last up to 2 years.
- It can either be wired to your house or run on battery power alone.
- It is very compatible with Alexa and IFTTT. With Fire TV, you can view the feed live from your door.
- The field of view of the doorbell camera isn’t as wide as other competitors’ and limits what you can see.
- To get the most out of this doorbell and have features like two-way audio and live feed all the time, you will have to purchase the Blink Sync Module 2.
6. Arlo Video Doorbell
If you want the best return for your money, then we strongly recommend you to go for Arlo Video Doorbell! This is not just a regular video doorbell, but its amazing features make it the smart apartment doorbell for renters.
The best thing about this doorbell is that it cuts down false alarms from the people or animals who are just passing by.
The video delivers an amazing HD quality along with 180-degree view and a 1:1 viewing angle, which reduces the number of blind spots in the camera. It can differentiate between an animal, people, or a package, and gives out alarms in all different ways.
It offers two-way audio, which means you can talk to the person who is right outside your door, before opening the house door for them. To see recorded video clips, later on, you need to go to the Arlo mobile app for the same.
- The camera ratio proportion is perfect for capturing all types of angles and corners.
- It has smarter alerts and quicker actions. You receive immediate notifications when the alarms are triggered.
- The digital doorbell captures the video even before someone presses the doorbell.
- You need Arlo smart subscription to use certain features of the digital doorbell.
- It cannot be used in a wireless manner.
These are the best 3 apartment doorbells for renters that you can get for the smart security of your homes. Have the best one installed in order to have a grab on your home security.
Why Do You Need to Install Apartment Doorbells for Renters?
Many people would ask a simple question: why will we install digital doorbells for renters. The most common answer anyone will ever give is: to keep the security in check. However, there is more to it! Not just for security reasons, but you can install apartment doorbells for renters for a lot of other reasons.
Some of them are mentioned below:
- Make your rental stand out – When you have the idea of renting your place and you are searching for tenants, then you have to do something that will make your place stand out from the rest of them. Installing digital, technologically advanced doorbells will attract people for obvious reasons.
- Ring is transferable – In case, you are wondering that you will be changing places and moving to a new place, do not worry! Video ring doorbells are transferable, which means you can open it, carry it to your next place and install it at ease. This saves your cost a big time.
- It is easier to install – If you think that installing digital apartment doorbells for renters is a heavy and difficult task, then you are wrong! It is easier to install than you think. You only need to follow 3 simple steps to make your apartment safe from all wrong things.
- It is not just a doorbell – Though it sounds like a doorbell, it is much more than just a doorbell. Most digital doorbells now have various features, which help you to maintain security properly. Apart from security purposes, you also get to check on the video doorbell whenever you want, even when you are not at home. You can record and stream videos later when you return from your long vacation to have a check on who came by your apartment!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Can you put a ring doorbell in an apartment?
Yes, you can put a ring doorbell in an apartment for your safety. If wiring is a problem for you, then go for the Ring Peephole Doorbell, which does not require any sort of drilling, screws, or extra wires to be put up.
How do you install a ring doorbell for a renter?
For installing a ring doorbell for a renter, all you need to do is follow 3 simple steps. First, you need to install the app on your phone or device. Second, you need to remove the device from the wall and press the reset button for the time mentioned in the manual. At last, you need to follow the app instructions, which pop up on your screen for installing the ring doorbell.