HomeKit door sensor is an essential home security equipment that should be installed in everyone’s home in the present scenario. It does not matter if you are staying out for a long time or staying indoors, the HomeKit enabled door sensor is the one for your safety.
5 Best HomeKit Door Sensors for Smart Home
However, today in the market, there are a variety of door sensors available but as usual, we have the best ones in store for you! So, are you ready to go through the best HomeKit door sensor?
Also Read: Best HomeKit Smart Blinds
Come, let us check it out!
1. VOCOlinc Apple HomeKit
Apple products never disappoint and that is a well-known fact! If you are looking for a complete security installation in your house, then VOCOlinc Apple HomeKit is the ultimate choice for you! Within no time, you will come to know why it is the #1 in our list of HomeKit door sensors.
This door sensor with HomeKit support is not just limited to doors but windows as well.
It gives immediate notifications when your connected HomeKit spots are exposed.
It can automatically illuminate your house or the rooms if it is set on the timer, even when the host device is not in the house.
- It provides advanced security with Apple HomeKit.
- It is compact, thin, and responsive, specially designed for your doors and windows.
- It is ultra-low in power consumption and it provides a snappy performance.
- It has a battery life of up to 6 months, once charged.
- It might be a bit expensive, as compared to the other HomeKit door sensor.
- It cannot be placed in a metal mailbox because of its connectivity issue. You have to use a plastic mailbox for the same.
- It can be connected only to Apple products.
2. Eve Door and Window Sensor
Like Apple and Samsung are the rulers of the mobile industry, Eve Door and Window Sensor is the ruler of the home safety and security industry! There is no turning back from this product, and hence, it is a must to include this in our list of HomeKit door sensor.
It is a flexible sensor, which uses a clip in spacer system for its installation.
It connects using Bluetooth and takes less than a minute for its pairing.
You get immediate activity notifications through it.
It is an excellent motion detector.
- It provides 100% privacy, which means there can be no tracking.
- Other HomeKit enabled accessories of your home can be managed and controlled by this.
- It is powered by a long-lasting battery.
- Set up of this system is easy and quick.
- There is a chance that it would not work in extremely cold temperatures if placed outside.
- Operating it in the night might be a bit difficult, as the night vision is not so praise-worthy.
3. Aqara Door and Window Sensor
When it comes to mentioning the best HomeKit door sensor, there is simply no way that we can miss out on Aqara Door and Window sensor! If you already have an Aqara HomeKit installed at your place, then this is going to be the best HomeKit door sensor for you.
The sensors are paired with Zigbee wireless protocol.
It is the best HomeKit for remote monitoring and smart home automation.
The Aqara HomeKit can connect up to 32 Aqara devices.
It requires a secured WiFi connection of 2.4 GHz for its operation.
- It works as a perfect temperature controller and sends immediate notifications once the temperature drops too low or goes too high.
- It detects unauthorized opening of doors and windows and simultaneously, it activates the security alarm.
- The Aqara Door sensor can work with all types of home accessories like drawers, cabinets and cupboards.
- If you are tight on your budget, you may find this HomeKit to be expensive.
Related: Best HomeKit Smart light Switches
4. Fibaro Door/Window Sensor
If you are looking for only a HomeKit door sensor with great features or a HomeKit door and window sensor combined, then this is the item made for you! This door sensor with HomeKit support is the next best thing you can purchase in your lifetime (the best thing being your favourite food!).
Check out its features to see why it is included in our list of best HomeKit door sensor:
Along with monitoring doors and windows, it also has temperature control and monitoring options.
It has a built-in tamper sensor, which adds extra security.
The sensor is UL certified and Z-Wave Plus certified.
- It automatically triggers the pre-programmed scenes when it detects the opening of doors and windows.
- It works with Smart things like Samsung connect, Alexa and Siri.
- It comes with a guaranteed battery life of 2 years.
- It is a bit expensive when you compare these features with the others in this price range.
- It is not weatherproof, which means it cannot be used outside.
5. Ecobee Smart Sensor for Doors and Windows
As the name suggests, this HomeKit door sensor is indeed smart in its own way! If you are looking for a door and window sensor and have a moderate budget for it, then Ecobee Smart Sensor is the one for you. Get in touch with this model to see how wonderfully it works at your home!
It connects to your doors and windows and monitors any type of opening, closing and motion.
It works the best with Ecobee Smart Thermostat and Ecobee Haven, if already installed.
No specific installation is required. All you need to do is fix the sensor in the desired place.
- The product comes with a guaranteed battery life of 5 years.
- You can get customizable alerts upon entering and exiting through doors.
- It acts as a motion sensor for a larger coverage areas.
- It does not work with Alexa.
- It does not come with a temperature monitor.
6. EUFY Security Door Sensor HomeKit
If you are looking for a one-time investment for your home safety and security, you can rely on EUFY Security Door Sensor HomeKit completely.
Check out its features to know why it is placed at #6 in the list of best homeKit door sensor:
The products from EUFY Security HomeKit are a one-time purchase.
Instant alerts whenever a breach is detected.
It comes with a Home Alarm Kit.
- It offers a 24/7 protection service.
- Emergency police, medical and fire response is available whenever the alarm system is triggered.
- It does not take tools to install.
- Third party monitoring is not available. You can only monitor through the EUFY app.
- It is not compatible with Apple HomeKits.
7. SimpliSafe Entry Sensor
The SimpliSafe Entry Sensor is not just a door sensor, but a window sensor as well. So, if you are looking for a door and window compatible sensor, which is budget-friendly, then you should definitely go for this one!
It chimes whenever someone is entering or leaving your house through the doors.
It is ready to work right after you take it out of the box.
It comes with an optional installation tool.
- It is compatible with your SimpliSafe Gen 3 home security system.
- It can add up to 100 sensors to the base of your homeKit.
- It fits all types of doors and windows.
- It does not work with any other homeKit apart from SimpliSafe homeKit.
- It does not come with temperature control.
8. Sengled Smart Window and Door Sensor
If you liked Eve’s door and window sensor, we are sure that you are going to love Sengled Smart Window and Door Sensor as well.
Scroll down to check its amazing features, which is why it made it to the list of HomeKit door sensor:
It has a straightforward and universal design, which makes its installation easier.
It is compatible with Alexa and Apple.
You can check and track the timeline when your doors and windows have been opened and closed.
- It offers a simple setup with iOS and Android interfaces.
- You can connect and automate your home fully with this.
- It is best suited for garage door sensors.
- These sensors do not make noise or send alert notifications when doors or windows are opened. It just triggers the alarm.
- It does not come with a temperature monitoring feature.
9. YoLink Door Sensor
If you are really tight on your budget and still want to install a HomeKit door sensor on your doors and windows, then you can easily go for this one!
Get ready to have some good bunch of features in this price range:
It is Alexa controllable.
It provides early warning notifications when there is something near your windows or doors.
It goes from Simple to Smart update in case of your notifications.
- It offers the world’s largest wireless range.
- It consumes low power and comes with a long battery life.
- It has advanced automation features in the system.
- It does not work without YoLink hub in a device.
10. Geeni WiFi Door Sensor
Why purchase only a homeKit door sensor, when you can get a Smart door and window sensor together? Yes, right! That is why we have the Geeni WiFi door sensor included in our list!
It gives you real-time alerts in case of any disturbance or breach near your windows or doors.
You can control this homeKit door sensor from anywhere, as far as your WiFi works in that range.
It is compatible with a 2.4 GHz WiFi network.
- The sensors are easily installable in the desired spots.
- The battery performs extraordinarily and lasts longer.
- It gives no damage to the walls or paints.
- It cannot get connected to Alexa.
- It cannot be connected to more than 8 apps.
Get hold of any of the 10 best homeKit door sensors to keep your home safe and sound, even when you are away for weeks. They are hassle-free in installation and operation, which means it will keep your head free from tension for keeping your home empty when you are away!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Does the EUFY door sensor work with HomeKit?
There are certain models of EUFY door sensor that is HomeKit compatible while some of the others are not. Like the EUFY Security Door Sensor HomeKit works the best with the HomeKit system, while some of them do not work. Check for the features before making your purchasing move.
Do Ecobee door sensors work with HomeKit?
The range of products of Ecobee Smart Sensor for doors and windows works best with HomeKit, as it is fully compatible and operating it is possible. However, there may be certain products, which cannot be operated with a HomeKit.
Is SimpliSafe Apple HomeKit compatible?
The SimpliSafe Entry Sensor is not Apple compatible. It works only with the HomeKit system that is already installed in your home. For the best performance of the door and window sensor, it is advisable for you to go through the features that the product has to offer, in order to get the right fit for your place.
Does the ring have door sensors?
Ring Alarm Contact sensors are the easiest ones to fix and install, as it comes with a DYI instruction manual. Also, these sensors have door sensors, which means you will get alert notifications when your doors are ajar or when people open and close your door. Some of them also provide motion sensors, which gives you early warnings about any moving object nearby your door, to keep you and your family safe.
Related: Best HomeKit temperature sensors