What would happen if you left your remote at home or lost it? How can I connect a Firestick without a controller to WiFi? Do you know how to connect firestick to wifi without a remote? If not, you are in the appropriate area.
You may still connect your FireStick to Wi-Fi even without your control. Continue reading, and we’ll explain. We’ll assist you in doing that. We have compiled a list of guidelines and procedures on how to control Firestick without a remote or wifi.
An excellent option for streaming TV shows, movies, and even live events is the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You should understand how to connect a Firestick to wifi without a remote, though. Everything can be streamed to your TV if you learn how to connect it. In no time, you’ll be able to resume watching your favorite programs.
There are 2 best and possible ways that you can connect firestick to wifi without remote. They are:
- Connect Firestick Without Remote to WiFi (Using Smartphone)
- Wifi Connection for Firestick Without Remote (Using HDMI-CEC)
The good news is that neither of the following two techniques requires a remote to connect an Amazon Firestick to WiFi.Continue reading to the bottom of the page without pausing to learn more about how to set up a firestick without remote.
1. Connect Firestick to Wifi Without Remote (Using Smartphone)
One simple solution is that we can use the firestick tv remote app for your smartphone to connect to control the firestick. However, there are a few prerequisites for this that you must meet to proceed.
To get these things to work you need two specific requirements as follows:
1. Two phones, one to create a hotspot and the other to control a firestick.
2. You need to know the ID and password of the last network you connected your Amazon fire TV Stick to.
it only works when both phone and fire stick on the same Wi-Fi network. And not to forget your fire TV stick is already set to work on your phone’s Wi-Fi network. A check and correction should be made.
Once you have both requirements, take the following actions.
- The first thing we’ll do is use the first device to create a hotspot, setting the hotspot’s ID and password to match the WiFi network that the Fire TV is already connected to.
- Install the fire TV remote app on a second phone, link it to the previous Hotspot, and use that to operate the fire stick.
- Once we are able to control the fire TV stick with a phone app we can connect the fire stick to the new Wi-Fi network.
- Once finished, your Fire Stick will connect to the mobile hotspot and believe it to be your home network.
- Using the Fire TV app to navigate the Fire TV Stick UI, select Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Find your Wi-Fi network, then connect to it.
- Open the internet settings on your main device and connect it to the Wi-Fi once your Fire Stick is connected to it.
- As long as they are Wi-Fi connected, you can use this device as a Fire Stick remote.
- Disable the Wi-Fi hotspot on your secondary smartphone.
2. Connect Firestick to Wifi Without Remote (Using HDMI-CEC)
If you believe it would be unwise to use two smartphones to connect your Fire Stick to wifi, you can use the approach described below. The HDMI port on TVs can be used to connect the remote.
Customer Electronic Control, or CEC, is a function that makes it easier for your TV to communicate and cooperate with other devices that are connected to it via HDMI.
Most TV manufacturers “brand” their products with their made-up names rather than using the CEC name. Here are a few :
- Hitachi: HDMI-CEC
- Philips: EasyLink
- Pioneer: Kuro Link
- Toshiba: CE-Link or Regza Link
- Vizio: CEC
Before going into the procedure directly, have a look at the note to make sure your tv is having HDMI
Some TV models lack the HDMI option. Before attaching the CEC remote to your TV, be sure this mode is supported by the device. But how can you tell whether or not your TV has CEC mode?
To check if the option is accessible, navigate to settings, display, and sounds. If you come across the HDMI CEC device control option, turn it on first before moving on.
- Open the Home screen on Firestick.
- Access to Settings.
- Click on the Display & Sounds tab.
- Scroll to HDMI CEC Device Control in the menu, then push the center button.
- Select Yes when prompted for confirmation.
- If your television isn’t already using the above method, turn on CEC as well. The option will be accessible from the Settings menu on the TV.
- You can use any HDMI CEC or universal remote with the Firestick after the setting is activated.
Wrapping up, the methods described here are an excellent way to connect a Firestick to wifi without a controller.
You won’t need a remote control to quickly connect your FireStick to Wi-Fi after taking the steps we’ve covered. We sincerely hope that you find our guide on how to connect a firestick to wifi without remote to be quite helpful. Keep visiting back for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can we use the fire stick without a remote to connect to wifi?
A. Yes. There are now methods for people who misplaced or forgot their remote. The two best ways to connect a Fire Stick to WiFi have been described, and using these two will allow you to fix your connectivity problem without a remote.
Q. How can I get the Fire TV remote to download?
A. Both Android and iOS smartphones and tablets can download the official Fire TV app. According to your device, you may get it from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
Q. Why won’t my Fire Stick connect to the wifi?
A. The majority of connection problems are typically caused by network problems. It can be due to weak signals or bad connectivity. Restarting your device or router may help you address your problems.