Having trouble downloading Spectrum TV app on Firestick? The reason you can’t see it on the Amazon app store is that the producers haven’t made the app available for the firestick or the service is simply not available at your location.
Owned by Charnet Communication, Spectrum TV is a popular OTT streaming platform in the USA. It’s a great alternative to mainstream on-demand streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney/Hotstar, etc.
You can watch your favorite cable TV as well as movies and Tv shows simply by downloading the Spectrum TV application on your Smart TV, Laptop, Smartphone, and Digital media players.
Here are some quick attractions of Spectrum TV:
- Cross-platform access allows you to use the same Spectrum Tv account on multiple devices such as Windows PC, Mac, Android phone, iPhone, FireTV, Roku Player, Samsung TV, etc.
- Wide range of on-demand content
- Record the show whenever you want, to enjoy it later at your convenient time.
- The parental lock allows you to lock the app, as well as particular content to keep it away from the kids.
- It also offers some third-party streaming services including HBO Max.
The only problem, however, is that Spectrum Tv is available in limited areas, and that too only for Charter Internet subscribers. But that doesn’t mean you can’t download it on your fireTV.
In this guide, I am going to explain how can you download the Spectrum TV app on Firestick. I will also talk about the mirroring method through which you can enjoy the Spectrum TV on your Fire TV without sideloading the app which is not recommended anyway.
Download Spectrum App on Firestick
As of now, the Spectrum TV is available on iOS, Roku, Samsung TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox, and Android devices.
If you are a Charter Internet subscriber, you can easily download the Spectrum TV app on any of the above-mentioned devices.
But what about Fire TV? So far we haven’t seen the Spectrum TV app for firestick on the Amazon app store but I’ve browsed around for a while and came up with alternate solutions to this problem. Let’s see how you can download the Spectrum TV on firestick.
Method 1: Using Downloader App
This method is called sideloading where we will download a third-party application downloader on firestick and then attempt the Spectrum TV download.
- From the Fire TV homepage, click on the gear icon to launch system settings.
- Select My Device/My Fire TV from the available options.
- Click on Developer options and select Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click on Yes to allow your Fire TV to download the third-party applications.
Now we are ready to download the third-party download manager. Take the following steps:
- Open the Amazon app store and search for Downloader Application.
- Click to Download and install the app on your fire TV.
- Navigate to Apps & Channels from the main menu and click on the Downloader application.
- In the search bar type 78480, or https://bit.ly/32m2u3v and click on Go.
- You will be redirected to the Spectrum download page. Click on the download button to start the download.
- Once the download is complete, click on Install and wait for the process to finish.
The spectrum TV has been installed on your firestick. Go back to Apps & Channels and run the application and sign in using your Spectrum ID.
Method 2: Using ES File Explorer
If the previous method doesn’t work for you, try this one:
- Open the Amazon app store and search for the ES File Explorer application.
- Download and install the application.
- Go to Apps & Channels and run the ES File Explorer app.
- On the bottom of the home screen, click on the + icon.
- In the search bar, type https://bit.ly/32m2u3v and click OK.
- The APK file will be downloaded on your fire TV.
- When the download is finished, click on Install. The Spectrum app will be installed on your TV.
Go Apps & Channels and run the spectrum TV.
Method 3: Screen Cast
The last possible method is screen casting. It’s a technology that can display your content on your Tv screen in real-time. The only condition is that both TV and smartphone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
To enable screencast on your Fire TV:
- Click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Click on Display & Sounds and then select Enable Display Mirroring. Your Fire TV is now ready for casting.
- If you are using an iPhone, you will need to download Airscreen app on your fire TV. use the previously mentioned method to download and install the app from the Amazon app store.
- On your Android phone, swipe down the notification panel and click on the Cast Screen icon. You can also go to Settings and locate the cast option.
- Your phone will automatically find the Fire TV. Click on OK to allow the mirroring.
- Once you are able to see your phone’s screen on your TV, open Spectrum TV on your phone and enjoy.
- If you have an iPhone, Open the Airscreen app from Apps & Channels on your TV.
- Go to App Settings and enable the Airplay feature.
- On the home screen, Click on Start.
- Now Open the Control Center on your iPhone and tap on Screen mirroring.
Wait for your iPhone to locate your TV and click on OK to start the mirroring.