Ring LLC is basically home security and smart home company whose parent organization is Amazon. It manufactures home security products that assimilate outdoor CCTV cameras, comprising the Ring Video Doorbell smart doorbell, also provides an app, for online communal sharing of information taken in form of footage in between users.
Ring Doorbell not connecting to Wi-Fi: how to fix it?
When your Ring doorbell is not connecting to Wi-Fi, recheck your Wi-Fi connection and make sure all the information is correct. Also, situate the doorbell in the area of your Wi-Fi.
If it still doesn’t connect try checking these factors and fixing them.
Why does your doorbell not connect to your Wi-Fi network?
The lack of connectivity usually and mainly are caused by these factors and how can you fix it.
Wrong Wi-Fi password: There are a few times when the whole problem caused is just by inputting the wrong password. Just recheck it and enter the right password.
Your Wi-Fi may have special characters: You can fix this problem by temporarily changing your WiFi password.
Poor Wi-Fi network: To correct this issue you must try to put the device closer to the router. You can also try buying a repeater or a booster for your Wi-Fi router to improve its range.
Battery and power problems: This ring Doorbell has a power and voltage want of at least 16V, if not then the Ring Doorbell would not last till 6-12 months.
Electrical connectivity problems: If that’s the problem then it is due to some outside issues. You should try turning off the power and check the wiring if the connections are perfect or not.
Also, check that the Wi-Fi network you are trying to connect is on the 2.4 GHz band. If it’s not on the 2.4 GHz band then it won’t connect to the Ring device as this device is only compatible with the 2.4 GHz band.
How To Reset Honeywell Thermostat Effortlessly in Seconds
Honeywell Thermostat is one of the most used items, in people’s households. Whether you are using an important air conditioner or any other device, it runs continuously in the background.
This is why the thermostat suffers crashing dozen times while working.
When this type of problem arises, you have no option other than resetting it again by yourself.
In this article, we have mentioned all the possible ways to reset your model of Honeywell Thermostat.
The most common method to reset your Honeywell thermostat is to switch it off and then change the direction of the batteries. You have to simply remove the battery, place them back in reverse polarity, and after a few seconds, reinsert the batteries like they were before.
It is a common method for thermostats to have batteries, but resetting thermostats without batteries can be a bit complex. Following are the steps to reset Honeywell thermostats of different models without batteries.
Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro series Thermostats
These thermostats are modified to the room temperate on their own. You can change the settings using your Apple Home-Kit, or Voice Commands. You can also connect it through your Wi-Fi.
Reset to Factory Default Settings
To reset the Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 Thermostats to factory default settings, you should follow these steps:
- Switch on the device, as it should be on while resetting.
- Click on the menu switch and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Now search for the button ‘Reset’.
- ‘Select’ Factory.
- Click yes on this message ‘Are you sure?’
- The thermostat will be reset successfully.
Reset the Wi-Fi Settings
To reset the Wi-Fi settings on your Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro Series thermostat, do follow these steps:
- Carry your smartphone or tablet.
- Move to settings and switch off all the Wi-Fi connections. Switch off the mobile data on your device also. Switch on your Mobile’s Airplane mode.
- Now launch the Honeywell Home App and select your smartphone or any other device.
- Permit your thermostat’s settings by appointing the COG wheel.
- Select ‘reset Wi-Fi’.
- Click and hold the temperature sight on the screen of the thermostat.
- The thermostat will publish its Wi-Fi.
- Select ‘next’ to continue.
- Now select the Lyric Network titles; the app will notify you about the composition of the thermostat.
- Press next to continue.
- Rebuild your tool to the thermostat by writing the 4-digit display and clicking on ‘done’.
- Select the home network, write your password and click on ‘Next’.
- Wait for 3 to 5 minutes, after Wi-Fi resetting, for synchronization.
- The thermostat will reflect its existence on your mobile app now.
T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro Series models
- Press the menu icon and hold it.
- The reset option will appear; select it.
- Select the schedule option.
- The schedule of your thermostat has been reset.
- Reset HomeKit Settings.
If you want to do a HomeKit reset on the Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 thermostats models, you can follow these steps:
- Click the menu icon button and press it for a few seconds.
- Reset will appear and click on the symbol.
- Now click the HomeKit reset by selecting the symbol.
- The device has been reset now.
Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi Thermostat factory default setting
- The Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi thermostat models are equipped with advanced features such as Google Assistant compatibility and voice control.
- These models also provide notifications and alerts if they detect any incidents at your home.
- They also allow you to control other thermostats and do programming depending on the climate zone.
- If you want to reset this model, have a look at the methods listed below.
- Reset to Factory Default Settings
Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi thermostat default setting resetting
- Press the Menu button.
- Locate the preferences.
- Try to find ‘Restore Factory Setting’.
- Click on ‘YES’
- Your resetting is completed.
- Now, Reset the Wi-Fi Settings.
Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi thermostat Wi-Fi setting
- Go to the ‘Menu’.
- Select on the ‘Wi-Fi Setup’ option in Menu.
- Obey the instructions given there to reset.
- The Wi-Fi reset is complete now.
Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi Thermostat
The Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi thermostat permits you to regulate the temperature and navigate through the remote.
To use this aspect, you need to first enroll yourself by putting up an account on the Honeywell website.
If you have this model and you want to know how to reset the device, read the following methods.
Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi Thermostat resetting
- Press the ‘Fan’ and ‘Up’ arrow on your thermostat and hold them.
- Keep on pushing the following buttons till it reaches ‘39’ on the left of the screen.
- Change ‘1’ into ‘0’ by pressing ‘Down’.
- Select the ‘Done’ button to set up the Wi-Fi.
- Go to ‘Device Settings’ on your mobile device and locate the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the Wi-Fi name of your thermostat and Number and select ‘Connect’.
- Go to the ‘Home screen’ and then go to the Honeywell Thermostat Wi-Fi page for inputting the IP address.
- Select your home Wi-Fi networks and press ‘Connect’.
- ‘Connection Success’ message appearance, shows that the Wi-Fi reset is successfully done.
Honeywell 8320 & 8580 Wi-Fi thermostats resetting
- Test if your thermostat is on.
- Select ‘System’.
- Select the center black buttons and press and hold them and wait for 5 seconds.
- Assign ‘Restore Factory Settings.
- The reset to factory default settings finishes.
- Reset the Wi-Fi Settings
Honeywell 8320 & 8580 thermostats Wi-Fi settings:
- Hit off the faceplate on the router to split up the connection with it.
- Unplug the router and pause for a few seconds.
- Pin it back and attach the faceplate again.
- Select the ‘System’ button.
- Click and press the center buttons until a new screen appears.
- Change the Number to ‘0900’ on the left side.
- Remake the Number to ‘0’ on the right side and click on ‘done’.
- Select on the thermostat Wi-Fi on your computer.
- Now go back and assign your home network.
- The device’s Wi-Fi settings are reset.
Set up your ring video doorbell 3 plus in the app
There is no much complications just follow the step-by-step guide given below:
Step 1 – Make sure the battery is fully charged
It comes along with a battery to make sure the battery is fully charged by bunging it into the USB port with the help of a supplied orange cable.
Step 2 – Insert the battery in the Doorbell
Now, insert the battery in the Doorbell with the flat metal catch opposing the face of the Doorbell. Detach the battery from its charging place, also make sure that the Ring Video Doorbell 3 plus’s is removed.
Step 3 – Next what you have to do is download the ring app.
To download it all you have to do is:
Go to the App Store (for iOS) or play store (for Android).
Look for the Ring app through search.
Install the Ring app on your device.
Step 4 – Next, you have to log in or create your account
To set up your account just follow these steps:
Open the app.
Choose the option create an account.
Further, follow the steps in the app to create the account.
Step 5 – Click on “Set up a device” and then select “doorbells”.
Step 6 – Now you have to scan the QR code or MAC ID provided on the Ring device. The QR code should be on the front of the device, whereas MAC ID should be provided on the back of the Doorbell.
If there are any problems regarding the scanning of the QR code or MAC ID you can choose the “set up without scanning” option and continue with it after selecting “Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus”.
Step 7 – Set your location
Next, you have to set your location, if this is your first time creating an account on this application you will receive a message via the Ring app informing you to let them use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Giving permission to do so will help you in filling up your address.
Now fill up your address in the app, and confirm it.
Note: Some features of this app may not work if you don’t fill up your specific location.
Step 8 – Set a particular name for your device
Now, you have to set a particular name for your device to identify it between the other Ring devices on your account. You can select any default names which are recommended, or you can fill up your own by selecting “Custom…” at the last in the list.
Step 9 – Hold and free the tiny black button
Now on your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus hold and free the tiny black button on the face of it. Then after a while, when there is a revolving white light on the face of your video doorbell, select the “continue” button in your Ring app.
Step 10 – Connect to your Ring device
- iOS : Select join when Ring app requests you to join the Ring Wi-Fi network.
- Android : Your device must on its own connect to the Ring Wi-Fi network.
If it doesn’t connect on its own or you had selected to continue without scanning you would’ve to follow these instructions:
Go to the home page of your phone to leave the Ring app by pressing the home button.
Go to the Settings app, then select Wi-Fi
1 . If using Android you may need to go to connection and then Wi-Fi.
•Choose the Ring Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks. The network will be shown as either:
1 . “Ring” continued with the last six digits of MAC ID or
2 . Continued by the last two digits of MAC ID.
After doing these steps get back to the Ring app.
Step 11 – Connect your video Doorbell 3 Plus to your Wi-Fi.
Ensure that you are close to your router and know your WiFi password clearly.
Then, choose your Wi-Fi network.
After that enter your Wi-Fi password and press “continue”.
Step 12 – Now all you have to do is test your device, after your app completes its update and setup just push the front button to do a test call. Doing this it will start your software and make sure your doorbell is ready to perform.