So you got the new iPhone 12 and are looking for ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone? It is an extensive process, but not that hard actually. Now you can quickly transfer all the contacts you want to your latest iPhone. Here in this article, you will find several ways to transfer contacts on the go.
Read on and find out how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone: Best Ways
1. The Sim Card Option
It is old-school knowledge that sim cards also hold some storage for your contacts. However, the number of contacts that you can save varies widely from one service provider to another.
Some might provide you with just only 50 contacts storage, whereas some might provide you storage of 1000 contacts. Nonetheless, it is one of the most effective and easy methods of transferring contacts; in order to do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Contacts in your Android device, from which you want to transfer the contacts.
- From there, go into the Settings option and from there select the Import/Export Contacts.
- Now you will be required to choose between the Import or Export option. Click on the Export option as you want to export your contacts from this device to your sim card.
- Your device will start uploading the contacts on your sim card storage. However, a dialogue box might appear on your screen to confirm to proceed before the process begins. So, you will need to click on Proceed or Continue.
- After the process is done, your sim card will hold all the exported contacts, which means you can copy them on any device you want to.
- Now, insert the same sim in your iOS device and open the
- Select the Contacts option and find the Import Sim Contacts
- Click on that option, and all your contacts will be transferred to your new device safely.
Using The Google Account:
The most convenient of all the methods is to have your contacts backed up on your Google Account. With Google Account, you can not only transfer your contacts from Android to iOS but to any cross-platforms that support Google.
However, initially, iOS didn’t use to support Google but now, to give its users a satisfactory experience, iOS supports Google. So, it’s good news for people who are having trouble transferring their contacts from an Android device. To carry on with the process, all you need is a Google ID and then follow the steps below:
- Ensure that you’re logged in with the Google ID in which you want to backup your contacts. Now, go into the Settings and open the Contacts option from there activate Sync.
- After your contacts are backed up on your Android device, open your iPhone and click on the Accounts option from the Settings.
- Now tap on Add a new Account and then add your Google Account.
- After you’re logged in to your Google Account, a dialogue box will appear to access contacts. Click on Allow; this will upload all the backed-up contacts of your Google Account on your iOS device.
- Additionally, you can also go into the Settings of your iOS device for future convenience, then select the Google Account option from there and enable the sync option from Contacts.
Conventional Move to iOS App:
As the name suggests, this app does exactly the same. You can transfer any data which is in your Android device to your iOS device with this app. The app is available on Google Play Store for free and is specifically made for overcoming the troubles of transferring data from Android to iOS.
Moreover, along with other data, it is also useful in transferring contacts, but it only works for transferring data from Android to iOS. Before jumping into steps, ensure that both of your devices are connected with the same wifi network. Now carry on with the following steps:
- Click here to download the application on your Android device.
- After connecting both the devices with the same wifi network, click on Move Data From Android on your iPhone in which you want to transfer the contacts.
- It will provide you with a CODE which you will require to enter on the app.
- After entering the OTP, the automatic process of uploading the contacts from your Android to iPhone will begin. Once it’s done, you will be notified.
Using the iTunes For A Transfer:
Surprisingly, iTunes is the best alternative option to Google Accounts. If somehow the above-mentioned Google Account method doesn’t come in your handy, then this method surely will. However, for this, you will require a PC, and you’re good to go. Moreover, it is an indirect method as you will not require to log into any device. You just need the details of your iTunes. So to get started, follow the process explained below:
- Connect your PC to your iOS device.
- Go to iTunes’ info and from there activate sync of Google Contacts.
- Now, you will need to log into your Google Account, which was activated on your Android device.
- Your contacts will be automatically synced by iTunes.
The Last Resort – DropBox
DropBox is also an alternative solution to your problem if all of the other methods don’t work. However, to carry on with this process, you will require to have a DropBox account. If you don’t have one, then follow the steps given below:
- Go to its official website.
- Click on Start Your Free Trial.
- You will be required to select the right plan for you; after selecting it, you will need to choose your billing cycle.
- Once you click on your desired billing cycle, you will need to fill in the details regarding your name, email address, and password.
- Lately, you will be required to enter your payment details and then click on Start Your Free Trial. Your account will be created.
- Once you have created your Dropbox account, now go into your Contacts and select all the contacts from there.
- Select the Share
- Now tap on Add to DropBox.
- A file with the name of vcf will be uploaded on your DropBox.
- Go to your DropBox and create a New Folder for the file which contains your contacts.
- Once it is done, log in to your DropBox account on your iOS device and download the file of your contacts on it, all your contacts will be downloaded successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: Initially, iOS didn’t support Google because of which users who used to switch from Android to iOS used to find it challenging to transfer their data. However, to overcome this situation, there are some free apps available which enable you to quickly move your Android data to iOS. Some of the apps are mentioned below in the list:
- Move to iOS App
- Copy My Data
- MobileTrans- Copy Data to iOS
- Send Anywhere
Ans: Free apps are never a guarantee of safety, and they might exploit your given details. Therefore, it is advised to use premium service apps, especially for transferring your personal details from one device to another. Always try to get authorized apps with premium services when it comes to transferring data or handling it. If you still want to use a free app, you’re responsible for anything that happens.
Ans: Yes, you can easily transfer your iOS contacts to an Android device as there are plenty of methods available. The easiest way is Google Drive; you can backup your data on Google Drive and upload the same information on any device by logging in to your Google ID. If you are looking for some applications, then the following are some most useful apps that might come in your handy:
- Move to Android
- Samsung Smart Switch
There will always be some complexions regarding the data transfer from iOS to Android. Even something as simple as Contacts is not quite thorough. While above-given methods should suffice, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to always keep your android contacts backed up in something like Google Cloud storage and other options.
In this article, we provided you with several methods of transferring data from Android to iOS that will surely come in handy and are easy to use. Moreover, If you have come thus far, then by now, a task that seemed difficult must be turned into an easier one for you.