Is your Verizon router blinking white constantly? In this guide, I will explain everything you need to know about this issue and the steps you can take to fix it. So stay tuned.
Verizon is one of the leading companies in the US providing high quality, fast, and also 5G connectivity. It sells advanced equipment that makes connecting throughout the globe easier for the masses.
Routers provided by Verizon have quite some range, there are the Fios routers, the 5G router that support the latest 5G connectivity, and Verizon’s specialized high-speed internet connectivity Internet routers that are designed for the best performance.
Verizon promises great speeds at great and affordable prices. Investing in a Verizon connection is most certainly promising. However, some users have as of late mentioned that their blinking white light Verizon router.
This has caused quite an alarm in them since they do not understand the root of the issue. This article addresses this issue by telling you what is happening to your Verizon router.
What is the White Light Blinking on My Verizon Router?
To begin with, you can rest assured when you see the white light on your router. This is an indication of your router working just fine. This white light on your router shows that the device is trying to boot or is going through some self-diagnostics.
When this white light is solid and still, it means that your router has successfully booted up or the self-diagnostics are finished. Now you can use it to send and receive Wi-Fi signals. However, if the white light just keeps blinking, it is a completely different matter. Even so, this is an issue you can easily resolve with the right measures. Continue reading to find out what you can do to curb this.
Why is My Verizon FiOS router blinking white?
A very common reason behind your FiOS extender blinking white can be your plugging it out and then plugging it back in. This can cause it to begin a booting process all over again.
In other cases, the router might be going through a bad connection, interference in the connection, power outage, interference by the other devices around it, a new update in the firmware, or simply a problem in the router.
Lastly, it is also possible that the router is working just fine and the internet is also working simply fine but the built-in LED light indicator may have malfunctioned remarkably. These issues are addressable to a large extent so you can stop worrying.
How can I Fix these Issues?
Having understood the reasons behind the FiOS router white light no internet, let us move forward to the troubleshooting methods you can uptake in this regard.
1. Rebooting the Router
In case of any technical issue with a device, the most generic method for troubleshooting is to restart it. This will potentially get rid of any bug in the system that may be there. To reboot your Verizon router, follow these steps:
- Switch off the router
- Unplug from the source of power
- Wait for about 30 seconds
- Plug the device back into the power source
The white light will indicate that the system of the router is working just fine. If in any case, your router has gotten overheated, you need to let it stay unplugged for over 5 minutes for it to get cooled and ready to work again so you can plug it back in.
2. Power cycling the router
This measure resembles that of the regular router rebooting method. This one will also get rid of any residual electricity in the router. Through this, the router will cool boot itself. Hopefully, the blinking white will be gone for good. Follow the given steps to do this:
- Switch off the router with the power button
- Wait for 10 seconds
- Unplug the router’s power cable now
- Wait for about 10 seconds
- Unplug the other end of the power cable from the router
- Wait for 5 minutes now
- Plug in the power cable back into the router first this time
- Plug the other side of the power cable into the wall outlet now
- Turn on your router and give it a few minutes to reboot
3. Restarting with the power button
This is an additional way in which you can fix the issue of blinking white light in case the previous method fails to work. Follow the given steps for this:
- Click and hold the power button for 30 seconds
- Disconnect the power adapter from the router and wait for about 30 seconds
- Plug back in the power adapter and hold the power button for 30 seconds again now
- Let the router have its time in rebooting before it can connect to anything
4. Disconnecting and Reconnecting the Cables
A lot of time, as in the case of several devices, the cables can get loose or deteriorate in quality. It is important to check on them once in a while. To do so, follow these steps:
- Disconnect each of the cables on the router.
- Check for any damage or dirt on them
- Blow air into the ports to get rid of any residual dirt
- Clean and even replace the cables if necessary
- After all the connections are secured, turn the router back on
5. Checking for software updates
Since it is possible that the router is updating itself and a firmware update is available, you can confirm whether this is the case easily by checking for these updates. Follow these steps to check for these updates:
- Log into the router’s admin web GUI.
- Click on system settings
- Click on check for software update
- If there is a firmware update available, download and install it manually.
- Restart the router once the update is completed.
- A solid light will indicate that the booting process is completed.
6. Factory resetting the router
The last resort you will have if the previous options do not work is factory resetting the router. You can use the pinhole at the back of the router or through the settings and you are good to go.
The Verizon router blinking white has been quite troublesome for the users. The above-mentioned troubleshooting methods were included to provide a holistic solution to this problem. Hopefully, this article will help you narrow down the possible cause behind the white light blinking on your Verizon router and help you solve the same.